Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wenger: I never said selling Vieira was a mistake


Arsène Wenger has refuted claims that he admitted the sale of Patrick Vieira was 'a mistake'.

Media reports suggested that the Arsenal chief regretted his decision to sell the French midfielder. However Wenger set the record straight today.

"I never said that," he said "I think we have to go on with what is in front of us and not look backwards.

"Many times in our history we have lost big players and we have lost another one. We don't deny that he was big player for us but I feel we have the needed quality to achieve what we want this season."

The Frenchman also replied to media comments saying that he was about to sell Thierry Henry and Ashley Cole to Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

"We face that every week," he said. "I feel it is a story which is no news, it is just bad information because nothing is true."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home